View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 03:10 PM
Blue Shakehead

vCash: 50
Just chiming in with some negativity here:

1. Hainsey was (and is) just awful. People blaming Stuart for the 2nd goal must have missed the part where Hainsey gave the puck away by trying to skate it through 2 Sens. After the give away, he falls on Pavelec and then tries to make the save himself by sticking his glove out to catch it. I suppose Stuart should have found the puck before Neil, but he probably wasn't counting on a) the turn over and b) his goalie being taken out by his partner. Hainsey is a lazy, soft multi-million dollar pylon.

2. The short term answer to our defensive woes can surely not be pairing Postma with Hainsey on the 2nd pairing. Postma was terrible defensively. 4 giveaways. I noticed that some were saying "Buff had 4 giveaways too"...umm, did you watch the game? How many of Buffs giveaways were in the offensive zone where he was quite literally the only player creating offence. The short term answer is that there is none until Bogo gets back. Hainsey and Stuart stay in the 2nd pairing until then.
I really wished the Jets would have picked up tough shot blocking shutdown guy like Bryan Allen, but sadly we didn't. Our 3rd pairing will always be bad if we think we can address our goals against through the waiver wire. We have 4 defensemen (Meech, Postma, Redmond, Clitsome) who would be 7th on any other team.