View Single Post
Old
06-22-2006, 12:11 PM
SOLR

vCash: 500
I dont think Guillaume L is ready, would need a good year in the AHL or at least a solid 40 games, who knows hes currently training@ hab town with the pros.(Ribeiro...) With his playstayle(power foward) it takes time to adjust to the NHL, since you have to regain the physical edge you had at the lower lvls.

All that being said, I think the habs are doing him a lot of "special" treatments for reasons I ignore. Hes like the "main project" it seems. Are they that worried about the number of europeens on the club that they are putting more ressources at bringing in Latendresse? Or do they have a solid trade proposal for Brassard with 2-3 teams that would "rush" this duo in the team? There is a very mysterious aura around the treatment he receives from the club. Brassard will need a lot of fitness training after the draft by whoever draft him. That alone will put him 1 year away.

One thing I think we need not to forget is that whatever the changes/moves the team will be better next year with the youth still progressing, and this for at least 2 more years, by simply keeping the same team or close to it.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote