View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 02:40 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Well, he did well in his faceoffs, IIRC. There was that...

I have to imagine that I'm the only one who sees Eller gaining the zone effortlessly almost every time he tries, since nobody else mentions it. Seeing as how this is a major weakness on the roster, I can't see why he isn't used in key situations to at least set up an offensive chance.

And between Eller and DD, I don't really know who will solidify the longterm #2 centre position on this team. They both have their weaknesses. And I don't really care who gets it, as long as the team is better for it. We don't need to trade DD, however. If Eller doesn't work out as a long term #2 centre, he can be a great option for a shutdown 3rd line C. DD, likewise, could do very well on the wing with less defensive responsibility.
It's frustrating to see Eller never used in much of an offensive role. This was only one game, but 12ish minutes along side Moen again. No PP time. I mean, not sure how you can say it's a make or break year for him but not give him the chances to succeed. He is our only player that can stickhandle through players while entering the zone (major reason why I felt we should go for skilled guys like Jagr or Semin during open market), but he never gets a shot.
It's the the point where I think DD or Plekanec will have to get injured before he gets a shot, which is ridiculous. We're wasting his skills imo if we don't try him out with better guys.