View Single Post
Old
06-22-2006, 12:41 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
I would just give Luongo the money he wants (which probably means making it up to him for giving him the shaft in arbitration). I doubt he's forgotten that. He's a couple million light from that episode. I have no clue how the arbitrator decided against him. Total mystery considering his stellar numbers.

Believe me, I hate salary inflation, but it's clear that Luongo is in a select group of goaltenders.

I would never trade him for a 2nd liner, 3rd liner and backup goalie. Ever. I like Frolov, but he's first line filler imo. Brown is a checker. Garon is a backup. You can pick up filler like that on the free agent market, but you won't find a Luongo there.
I quite like Frolov too, and I think Brown has some decent scoring upside along with a good physical game. My first reaction to the rumoured deal was, Go Florida! But you might be closer to the mark. It's easy to get carried away with "untapped upside" (running on several years now) and general HF board young player overhype. I think you're right that Florida could (or should look to) do better.

In any case, I cringe to think of what Keenan would demand from Montreal just to be comparable to the LA offer. I'm thinking along the lines of at minimum Higgins, Chipchura and Danis. It seems like a lot, even for Hot Bob Luongo.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote