View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 02:58 PM
calcal798

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi78 View Post
Here's a question. We all no what the direction of this team is and what the plan is or at least I hope most of us do to have a decent conversation of opinions to what I'll ask.

What are the trade chips for the Leafs?

IMO these guys aren't going anywhere any time soon so we should forget including them in trade discussions.

-Phaneuf
-Kessel
-Lupul
-Grabovski

These guys are the key vets to this team and the plan is to get good quality young guys into the mix that these guys will help insulate them to grow & develop

These guys aren't going anywhere either

-JVR
-Gardiner
-Kadri
-Reilly

These are the key young guys at the moment the organization is projecting to grow & develop to join the other 4 above as the core of the team moving forward as it stands.

For me the key trade chips that I think Nonis has, some of which could fit into the team moving forward are.

-MacArthur
-Liles
-Franson
-Kulemin
-Gunnarson
-Bozak
-All of the rest of the prospects
Well not that I have anything against Grabo. But I see him as a player that can be a trade chip in the future for some youth.

I only say that because with the cap I would rather spend that 5.5 million on a player that can be more influential (even if its more money). Most of the top teams in the league have 20-30 million ties up on 4 players. With Kessel Lupol and Phaneuf having about 18 million (next year) between them. Would way rather have another top forward at 7-8 (Perry) then a second line center at 5.5.