View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 04:08 PM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
I just want us to be prepared to resign Malkin & Letang in two years. You can't replace those type of players..
You mean this summer / next season... next season is their last under contract and there's no way we'll let them go to FA. They'll either get extended this summer or this fall. And yes I agree with you. Shero should absolutely be conservative against the cap we expect to have the next couple years so there's plenty of room to give Letang a big raise (if we're unable to move Martin) and Geno a modest raise, should he ask for one with the shorter terms in the CBA now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
What about Michael Ryder? Multiple 30 goal seasons. UFA this summer. Would likely cost us one of our D prospects. Depending on this season, he'll likely cost around 3.5-4m to resign.
Ryder is not really a Shero/Bylsma type player but he's got the tools to help our team in terms of offensive depth. I'm sure he'd look just fine playing next to Sid. Let's put it this way: I would be happier getting someone like Ryder than another 2nd/3rd line tweener like Ponikarovski, or a "seasoned Defensive guy" who is bordering on plug territory, at a cheaper trade cost / hit.

Ship Kennedy and a decent prospect down there for him + 2nd/3rd round pick in this years deep draft, clear Kennedy's $2M hit, Dupuis moves down to line 3 and creates an even tougher 3rd line IMO with the same amount of production.

Kunitz - Sid - Ryder
Tangradi - Geno - Neal
Cooke - Sutter - Dupers

2x 2nd or 3rd round picks in the draft... still plenty of cap space going into summer... works for me.

Of course this all assumes Dallas is not in the playoff hunt / a buyer rather than a seller this time around. Pretty big assumption.

Last edited by Darth Vitale: 01-20-2013 at 04:15 PM.