View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 04:10 PM
livewell68

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
Im sure he would have returned if we gave him 4.5. However we had 300 mil tied up elsewhere for a week.
Jagr said it was never about the money. He wanted to go to a team that wanted him around and wanted him to be a key component of the offense and overall success scheme. Part of what his fault, part of it was the injury and the other part was Laviolette but I could tell Jagr didn't take too well into being dropped down to the 3rd line and 2nd PP unit and he felt his time was coming in Philly.

Jagr just wants to prove all his haters, critics and doubters wrong bu having a great season and he felt Dallas gave him the best chance.

Not sure if anyone knows this but the Stars gave Jagr a 100k bonus if he were to win the Art Ross, maybe he still has that left in him? Who knows.

Anyways, I don't think Dallas will be out of it this year, with a strong performance by Lehtonen and if Jagr can keep it up and if players like Benn, Eriksson, Roy and Whitney can have strong seasons, I see the Stars being no worse than a 7th seed.

livewell68 is offline   Reply With Quote