Old
01-20-2013, 04:30 PM
CitizenSnips
TheFightingMongooses

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Not at all.

You aren't trading for Murray for what he can do in the next 6 months. You're trading for him for what he can do in the next 10 years.

Basically think of him as being in a holding pattern. Since the draft his value has gone neither up nor down. It's simply stayed the same.

Do I think the Blues should trade Tarasenko? No. Do I think the kid who was just recently drafted 2nd overall holds more value? Yes. Do I think this thread is way too reactionary based off of 1 game? Of course. Like I said, the only reason why this thread was made was because Tarasenko scored 2 goals tonight.
The problem with this logic is that if Tarasenko was a guarantee to come over to the NHL during his draft year, there is no way he is drafted any later than third and possibly first or second. He would be looked at as the same level talent as Hall and Seguin. That said, why would we trade a 3rd(ish) for a 2nd that is 2 years development time away and that doesn't address our biggest need from last year?

Sorry, there is no logic that would make us even take a look at this deal. We are trying to win now and we have been excited for this kid long enough.