View Single Post
01-20-2013, 03:38 PM
start winnin
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by notHiro View Post
I just got back from the game, so here's my list.

-Stafford was a beast all night. He was throwing checks and taking the body from the get-go, and the fight just solidified how good he was. My second star of the game, right after
-Thomas Vanek. How can you complain about a 5 point day?
-Miller was solid when he had to be, and the two goals weren't his fault.
-Ott was great. Threw his body around, was good defensively, obviously the goal.
-I liked Ennis' effort, even though he didn't make very many productive plays.

-The passing was atrocious, but I guess that's to be expected.
-Not sending out Scott after Pommers got boarded. Nobody sticking up for him (Come on, Ehrhoff).
-Didn't like how unaggressive we were on the PK. Other than Hodgson, it didn't seem like anyone wanted to get in the way or rush to a man to try and poke check.

-The crowd was terrible. Our corner of the building was the only one I consistently heard "Let's Go Buffalo" chants from, and it died out immediately. My section (318) was bad except for a few people, but I was so disappointed with the crowd. One of the worst I've heard, and on opening day/home opener/first game after the lockout? Come on, man.
-The goal horn is much quieter. I don't know who made that decision, but it was disheartening.
We would've negated our power play when we were down 2-1, though I wouldn't have minded if someone stood up for him. Also, interesting that you thought Stafford was good, I thought he was average at best. I did like him sticking up for Ennis though.

start winnin is offline   Reply With Quote