View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 04:56 PM
calcal798

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi78 View Post
In a perfect world your probably right but those types of players aren't normally available they're usually drafted & developed in house to get. That's why it's important to keep Grabo where the organization stands right now he will help in the development of young guys... If one were to develop and look like is ready to be a player like you talk about or the organization trades for one he remains as a piece that go's nowhere.

We tend to expect that the only way the Leafs will improve is via trades or UFA, I've never believed that was the path Burke had for this team nor do I believe it's the path Nonis is on. If a star player is available sure they'll be on it doesn't mean that they'll be able to trade for them or sign them in UFA to make either Grabo or Lupul trades chips when the end result is no guaranty you land such players.
Well I don't mean trading him right now. He is an important part of this team as it stands. Next year or the year after (if we can sign Perry as a FA) we will be resigning and hopefully adding core players. That is when I would look at a trade for Grabo. An addition by subtraction type deal, adding some youth by trading him, and opening up contract space.