View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 03:58 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
Really? I think Hossa is the only guy Crosby ever truly did have chemistry with. People talk about a guy like Kunitz, but chemistry doesn't equal "playing with each other for years." When Hossa was here it was the only time Crosby had someone to give and go with, i.e. it was the only time Crosby played with someone that could use his finesse game to the its fullest extent. I don't think that just because Crosby has a "gritty star" look to his game doesn't mean those same players are who he's best with. Of course, it's all about creating space. If he played with Perry or Hossa I don't think you'd see a world of difference.
I never thought they clicked either. It was more about two great players playing together rather than some kind of chemistry.

I think Palffy showed good chemistry with Sid and thats about it as far as skilled players go.

Most skilled players want the puck a lot, including Sid. So when they're put together they clash sometimes. I think a player like AO or Kovy would just turn Sid into an outlet pass. IMO a good winger for Sid would be one that can hold the puck, work give and goes and do more than just leave the defensive zone and shoot. Players like Elias or JPom fit the bill.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote