View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 05:02 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Yes, Weekes said "this gentleman has not had an off ice challenge given to him" , after mentioning Kane and Doughty. I didn't get a feel that was an outright dismissal of PJ's innuendo. Maybe I heard the wrong emphasis on the wrong syllables but I can't help but feel there's always something unspoken but "in the air" in a discussion about PK.
Well, to be honest, I'd be very surprised if there had been an issue off ice and we wouldn't know about it. In Montreal, it would have come out.

But Weekes's point still remains, there's no shortage of young players facing off ice issues. Heck, it seems to be a common thing in Montreal. If you're a strong organization though, you fix that.
By fixing I don't mean trade. That's just moving the problem away but it's only a matter of time before you'll have to deal with the same problem again. You can't keep trading away good young players because you don't want to deal with the issue.
So, you find a way to handle these guys and set them back on the proper route.

But, as mentioned, there has been no such report about PK.

Even if there was though, like for Carter and Richards in Philly, despite each being signed to huge deal, you can still manage to make a trade, and for a pretty decent return.