Thread: Prospect Info: Mike Kostka Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 04:13 PM
dimi78

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Where is Kostka? I was blown away by all the little small plays this guy made. Recovery plays were unreal. He will play 48 games with the Leafs. Gunnarsson looked TERRIBLE yesterday. I think he has been wrongfully praised on the weakest Dcore in the NHL last few years. Gunnarsson needs to go. Kostka is very smart and poised.
I was wondering if there was anybody out there that sees what I see makes feel better that I'm not losing my mind when it comes to Gunnarson

Honestly if I was Carlyle when Gardiner returns Gunnarson should be the one from the 6 that sits to have a D core that could cover all the elements of the game... In my books Holzer provides more to the table of D then the soft, positional game safe minutes when not playing big strong cycling teams that Gunnarson provides.

Gunnarson gets exposed when playing teams like Philly and Boston, he's too much of a tweener for my liking, not strong enough to play vs those teams nor is skilled or fast enough to skate out of trouble when facing those teams. He's a descent #5 or #6 as depth yet he's viewed to be more than that in some circles as the one who helps Phaneuf when it's the other way around

I will also add being that I've followed the Marlies all season last night wasn't the first I've seen from Kostka is that he's strong

Last edited by dimi78: 01-20-2013 at 04:22 PM.
dimi78 is offline   Reply With Quote