View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 04:19 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
Would be great. I might even accept another total bust of a season aka tankjob (great draft and only 48 games to suffer through) if that means that he is gone.

I think it is kind of telling that our best players the last few years were rookies, sophomores or newly acquired players. Meanwhile it looks like longer the guys practice under Sacco the more they start sucking...

Maybe that statement is a little bit of a hyperbole but the point is that our young talent stagnates under Sacco. That is kind of bad when you look at the age of our "core".

He just is not a good coach...
Well, personally I think it's a bit much to "want" your team to fail because you want the coach gone, but to each his own. I think if the team succeeds under Sacco, he'll have deserved a reprieve. Hartley was fired, what, just over a year after winning the Cup? The Sword of Damocles is always hanging above a coach's head.

Personally, I think Sacco has reached that point that almost all coaches reach where key players aren't improving (in some cases, even regressing) under his tutelage, and they're tuning him out. It sucks, but it happens. I wouldn't mind seeing a new bench boss next season, but I also want management to take some steps to give that next coach some better talent, because Sacco hasn't been given that.