Thread: Proposal: Murray for Tarasenko=
View Single Post
01-20-2013, 05:21 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
I completely disagree with that.

Hall and Seguin were on a different level from Tarasenko in his draft year. He probably would have gone 8th-15th if coming over weren't a problem.

You can't say he IS or WILL BE a super star in the NHL until later from now. You can only say that you HOPE he will be one. I like how he looks and I'm not saying he will fail, but there's no such thing as a sure thing with prospects. I know I'll get a lot of criticism for saying that because Blues fans are at a fever pitch about how he is, but it's like with Chris Kreider and everyone else. Until they've played a while in the NHL, nobody knows what they are.

One of the major positives for Murray is the fact that he is already very far in his development. This is only a minor bump and is no more significant than Yakupov and Galchenyuk's injuries last year. It doesn't affect his value, especially to the Blue Jackets. If someone is to ask for Murray, they need to assume that his value is that he's the 2nd best player in the 2012 draft and hasn't gone down because that's how Scott Howson views it.
Well, if he was an american or canadian, he'd play in CHL. And considering he was good enough to play in KHL at age 16, I guess his CHL statistics could be just amazing. And at age 18 he was mature enough to play in NHL, and such players always have the advantage on drafts. So who knows... It won't be a big surprise if Tarasenko turns out to be the best player of that draft...