Thread: Proposal: Murray for Tarasenko=
View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 04:30 PM
bizzz*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Who cares? I care what he actually does on the ice and he has been very successful the past 2 seasons in the KHL.

He can't be compared to Filatov because he plays a completely different style. The only concern with Tarasenko was if he would come over. He always said his dream was the NHL, but I guess a lot of people didn't believe it. We took a chance and we landed a top talent. If he was from the States or Canada, then he would have been in the top 5.

Blues have also been watching and following him while he was playing in the NHL and we already knew the type of player he was and how he plays the game. Our view and value of him was not affected by last night's game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
There is so much speculation on why he wasn't on the worlds team it's not funny. A lot of people believe it was more to do with other politics not related to his on the ice performance.

The statements on why he didn't make the team by the coach seem so off the wall and out there that it wasn't very believable. I makes it seem like it had to be for politics rather then the stated reasons.
I don't think politics has anything to do with it. Tarasenko was given every opportunity to secure a spot on the national team roster and he blew it. His stats over the last 2 years for team Russia:
November 2011. Karjala Cup. 3 games, 0 points.
December 2011. Channel One Cup. 3 games, 1 assist.
February 2012. Sweden Hockey Games. 3 games. 1 assist.
April 2012. Czech Hockey Games. 3 games, 0 points.
November 2012. Karjala Cup. 3 games, 0 points.

2(0+2) points in 15 games for the national team. You can't blame politics for such terrible performance.