View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 05:59 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Av View Post
Once the NFL ends after the Super Bowl the hockey talk will pick up a bit.

Evans and Klatt in the morning on 104.3 will talk about hockey a little, especially if the Avs are doing well.

Sandy Clough is on from 9-12 on 104.3 and knows his hockey. I enjoy his show.

My favorite show has turned out to be Les Shapiro & Tom Nalen, who are on at noon on 102.3. Nalen has been an insightful host, something you wouldn't expect since he refused to talk to the media during his playing career. His kids play hockey, though he admits he isn't a hockey expert. But they will talk hockey.

The afternoon shows are a wasteland of hockey talk. Alfred Williams and Dmac on 104.3 are an outright joke. Nate Kreckman and Charles Johnson are only a little better. Both former CU football players, Williams and Johnson, were giddy about the NHL being locked out.

It's too bad there isn't a former Avalanche player that went into talk radio. Rycroft does a good job on Altitude, I'd like to see him get a chance to host a show.
Shapiro is very good. I had forgotten about him in my earlier post, good call. And Rycroft does do a great job on altitude, lots of passion, energy & knowledge. Great post.

SuperTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote