View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 05:39 PM
Alexdaman
Ferret Lover/Master

vCash: 50
I like the fact that MB is not giving into a long-term multi-millions $ contract at the moment. If the team was in a position to compete at a high level I would be.

He knows the team can under-perform this year and the benifits will be good with the draft, he knows PK hasn't fully establish what he is asking for and if he did, he would end-up having a hard time saying no when in the future to other players who would ask for the same price.

He's also gaining the trust of his current players by not giving the guy who's a little controversial too much credit.

Yes PK has the ice-time to be recognized as a solid D, he also has a +9 rating in a 15th placed team 1st amongst defencemen. But that's not enough to spit out 6M$ a year and since the team needs to add players, that contract would jeopardize the UFA and trade market this summer.

Don't worry, Subban will play in MTL this season, simply because he has no choice, since if he sits this one out no GM in his right state of mind would give him the money he asks for. Maybe a floor team would but I don't suspect he'd be willing to play in PHX, DAL, or Long Island.