View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 05:53 PM
Pancakes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
Kunitz is an acceptable number 2 guy on a line. He was a great 3rd wheel with Geno and Neal. He would be a great 3rd wheel for Sid as well. The problem with him is that he doesn't create enough on his own to really draw much attention away from Sid. Teams will focus entirely on Sid and let Kunitz or Dupuis try to beat them.
I'd agree, but I think despite being a third wheel type Kunitz is still a legit top six winger. He's not Pascal Dupuis. He belongs in the top six and would be in the top six on plenty of teams.

I don't think Sid particularly needs a sniper to go with him and Kunitz. I think he'd work just as well with a playmaker. Sid can adjust his game depending on who he is playing with. I think Sid would work just as well with something like Tanguay who is more of a playmaker as he would with a bonifide sniper like a Thomas Vanek. All Sid needs is someone else on that line with some kind of top six talent whether that be with playmaking or scoring and the rest will fall into place.

Malkin is different imo. Malkin needs a sniper like Neal, because Malkin's whole game is opening up space for his linemates. Sid's game is more versatile I think.

Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote