View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 05:58 PM
tycobb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Its not that simple for who to trade. If Tallinder is so bad, and his age is a problem, and his contract is undesirable, why would other teams trade for him? Desirability kind of plays a role in this. If no one wants anything to do with Tallinder, and the Devils need to trade a defenseman, then they have to trade someone else. If Volchenkov is so desirable, he probably brings in the best return which helps the team be as competitive as possible. In the situation the Devils are in, its not as simple as "trade your worst/8th best defenseman."
I am trying to make the point since everyone is saying Volchenkov is horrible, but he isn't any worse the the rest of the Defensive core. He is also much younger than Tallinder and Salvador.

Volchenkov has a NTC which makes it very unlikely he gets trade. Plus I doubt Lou wants to trade him. He is solid defenseman and the same age as Greene. Zidlicky probably leaves this year as a UFA, Salvador retires in 2-3 years, and Tallinder probably gets traded this year to make room for Larsson. I think Lou wants Greene(30) and Volchenkov(30) to be with the team once Salvador retires.

I would be surprised if Tallinder doesn't get traded in the next 3 weeks.

tycobb is offline   Reply With Quote