View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 06:14 PM
16 To Stanley*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
I said that would happen if we moved him ALL year last year. People have a very short memory on these boards (not just NYR but all of HF). Dubinsky gets called a fringe second liner who should only really be on the third line by most posters here but that's not really the truth of it. Until last year he had improved every year and was on pace to be a 50 point gritty two way player. He's in his prime and he'll bounce back from last season. I LOVED what he brought to this team in intensity and grit. I will miss him no matter what and I would easily take him back on the team on a cheaper contract or if we were to somehow acquire him back from CBJ but they kept some of the salary, since that's now allowed. Not saying I'm upset he was moved for Nash; if he was going to be moved, it should have been for a big upgrade and it was. I just think he will be missed on the ice, on the bench and in the room.
Long time lurker but i figured if we lose two in a row might be a decent time to be around here with all the pessimists.

While he may be a little missed, this entire Rangers team is filled with character, which i relate to a lot of there success last year. I think people overrated Dubi and obviously will continue to do so if he has a decent year this year. The real loss imo, was Anisimov.