View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 06:30 PM
LolungoReboundo
LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leugangen View Post
Agree 100%. Look at Tarasenko - fell because of Russian factor, and he has dominated the KHL and had one of the better NHL debuts I have ever seen.

I would love to pull a Buffalo and nab two picks close to each other and take two centres/forwards if we are in that ~10 range. Nichushkin and Erne/Duclair/Gauthier. I am really high on Nichushkin personally.
I like Nichuskin as well but he is a boom bust kind of player. He has some great raw skill but there's tunnel vision issues and a bit of hockey IQ issues that can be fixed if you watch his game.
The leafs could totally suck ass this year and grab one of the top 5 but I see them being the typical leafs and getting somewhere between 8-13. If that's the case I would be hoping for any of the following: Pulock, Morrissey, Shinkaruk, Nichuskin and Zadorov. All of these kids are oozing potential.

TBH as much as we need a game breaking forward getting one of the first round defenders this year would not bother me because this teams defensive depth could become one of the best in the league.

If the leafs are middle of the pack near the deadline or tanking then I wouldn't opposed to moving pieces like macarthur for a 1st. That would give us a pick in the 19-30 range which has some intriguing players with my favourites: Bailey, Gauthier and JT Compher.