Thread: Defence
View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 06:39 PM
BigZ65

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goto10 View Post
As much as I'd kind of like to see what Tobi could do if he "freed" from having to worry about what Buff is doing, they are a formidable pairing. Elite, in fact. In a nutshell, Buff is a game-changer and Tobi is creative enough to flow with him and defensive enough to cover for him. I'm not sure you could find a better pairing for Buff other than somehow finding someone exactly like Tobi but 30 lbs heavier... and that guy probably does not exist in the NHL.

Even if you are "preaching defence" as a coach, you still are not going to put the shackle on a D-pairing where #33 is 3rd in D-man scoring... and there isn't a defender higher on last years D scoring list in fewer games than Enstrom other than Letang.

Sidebar: I saw Buff haul azz to get back into position yesterday a few times yesterday. His cardio is in mid-season form. The Big Buy showed up to play this year.
Imagine how effective Enstrom could be if he used a stick that he could take a pass in tight with, without having to take half a second to choke up on it and then adjust when he needs to carry or play the puck.

BigZ65 is offline   Reply With Quote