View Single Post
01-20-2013, 06:41 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
I agree Andersson is our MVP. I'm really disgusted by everyone pushing for Lehner to start when we have a veteran who played his heart out for us last year and is under contract for two more seasons. The last thing I'd want is some kid between the pipes. I got nothing wrong with him splitting time w/ Lehner in his 4th season but for right now he's our #1. And frankly if he plays well enough that we either get deep or win the cup I don't see a reason to send him packing.
Anderson is the #1, there is no question about that, he was our best player yesterday against the Jets. What I am saying though is that I think Murray will move Bishop to make room for Lehner at some point this yr. My guess is that Bishop will not want to resign with Ottawa knowing that Lehner is the future #1 in Ottawa & he may not get his shot, although circumstances can change very quickly in the NHL.

I also doubt Lehner can beat out Anderson this yr, but eventually & when that happens I hope they keep Anderson as Lehner's backup. A good smart veteran to take over in games when Lehner is not at his best & will settle things down. Two good goalies for yrs to come is what I hope will happen in Ottawa.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote