Thread: Value of: Alexander Sulzer to the JETS
View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 07:09 PM
smitty10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Sulzer's chemistry with Ehrhoff is great and has earned him the #6 spot. On pure value, I'm sure he'd be cheap, but then the question becomes is it worth pulling the trigger. I'm not sure anything the Jets (or other team) would reasonably offer that is fair value would improve the Sabres enough to offset losing Sulzer because of his chemistry with Ehrhoff--it's a case where he's likely more valuable to the Sabres than to any other team.
Watched the Sabres vs Flyers game today on NBC and came away very impressed with the play of Sulzer. With the rapid improvement he's shown since his final season in Nashville, I'd be very surprised if he didn't get a 2-3 year extension to remain Ehrhoff's partner. I don't know if it's the fact that there are so many German-speaking players on Buffalo or what, but he looks so much more comfortable out there than he did with Nashville, Florida or Vancouver.

Very impressed with how much he's improved in the Sabres organization. Shows what kind of impact different environments and coaching styles can have on a player.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote