View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 08:27 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I really don't see what the big deal about a 2 year contract is. If it's the end of the world for PK, fine make it a three year deal or something like that but I don't see the big problem here.

Up the money to something reasonable and get him signed for 2 or 3 years and get it over with.
Pretty sure this would have been a done deal if either side thought like you.
I agree, nothing wrong with a shorter deal. I don't care what he does so long that he plays. And I don't think it's PK's side playing hardball. I mean, I know your stand on Meehan, but he had no problem agreeing to 2years for Del Zotto, so not sure why he would now. I know they're different players, but if he was so against the bridge deals, he could have held out longer in NYR.
I think it's Bergevin trying to squeeze PK's pockets. Getting a short term deal, and paying little. Otherwise, why would they be so far apart? I've never heard of players holding out to the point where they don't sign just because the length of the deal isn't as long as they wish. It's always about dollars, and it all makes sense if what they said on the Hot Stove is true.