View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 07:52 PM
Bryanbryoil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
I'd probably put Foster ahead of Potter on my depth chart, but neither were any good for us.

I do agree with V and Tyler in that it's incredibly unlikely that they're showcasing Potter tonight. I really do think it's as simple as Kreuger's explaination (interview on Oilers site) that Potter has more working knowledge of the Oilers' system and that it would be good to have Fistric watch a game or two first.

Fistric will play soon enough. But he doesn't represent so much of an upgrade over Potter that they can't afford to let him observe a little before putting him in there.
Based on what? Potter is the better skater, has a more accurate shot, moved the puck around better and wasn't as much of a pylon, and to top it off he had a physical element to his game that Foster rarely showed. Foster IMO was the worst "NHL" defenseman that I recall being on the team in the last 2-3 years with the exception of Strudwick. By "NHL" I meant a guy that didn't spend most of their time in the AHL ie. Chorney, Plante, etc.