View Single Post
01-20-2013, 08:56 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Tasty Biscuits View Post
Have to give a minus to Sid. He was pretty much awful on the PP. The passing and decision making were... not good, to say the least.
I agree that 87 was far from a beast tonight, but he looked very good for parts of the 1st and 2nd. He was making things happen at both ends of the ice and the only reason he was held to one assist was bad luck. Defense has really upped its game from last year. Orpik hit was relentless, and aside from some being pinned in our own in a few times in the 3rd, which is never nice, they gave us what we needed. The Malkin-Neal line was unreal tonight and adds credence to the argument that Neal deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as a Gaborik or a Kessel. Wasn't especially thrilled with Kunitz, but not everyone is going to have an elite game even when we fire on all cylindres. And wow, Vokoun will solve the problem of Fleury's late-season burn out if he can have nights like this. While he wasn't good enough to allow us to beat Lundqvist at his best (I don't regularly expect us to score 6 against the Islanders, let alone the Rags), he isn't the liability that BJ was and kept us in the game against our biggest EC threat. I was very impressed with how his rebound control got better and better as the game progressed, something that's indicative of the poise and clear-headedness that one likes to see from solid veteran goaltender. I understand that Toronto wants to get an unambiguous #1 to lead them to the promised land (Their playoff futility makes them the 40-year old virgin of the NHL, and a Reimer-Scrivens tandem is equivalent to living in mommy's basement and having a dead-in job while trying to get laid at that age), but I'm grateful that they didn't thrown a wrench in the Vokoun acquisition.

StoneColdFlower* is offline   Reply With Quote