Old
01-20-2013, 10:17 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Grace Personified

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Is there any goalie available other than Lundqvist or Thomas who has any case for "best goalie of his generation?" Or does Thomas count more as part of the older Brodeur generation because of when he was born, rather than when he peaked?

I realize that someone from a generation that is only halfway through their careers can't be rated over the best of a generation that is over, but he has to be rated above guys who were the 5th-7th best of their generations, which basically what we have left otherwise, right?
I'll get the Roach link next time in the Google Archives.

I'm not sure if you can assign "best goalie" for any extended length of time since the 2005 lockout. Too many dependent circumstances. You can maybe have a shortlist, but any sort of ranking would be pretty questionable I think. Those goalie "tiers" don't exist anymore because the gap has narrowed in terms of talent level, so it's hard to really say what's what unless you looked at it from a talent level standpoint - in which case the math guys here wouldn't be terribly thrilled with the results...

Mike Farkas is online now   Reply With Quote