View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 09:51 PM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
And have I suggested otherwise here?

Believe it or not, very few people here possess your level of expertise, and to some of us, seeing Tangradi run into Geno or Neal in the offensive zone about eight times tonight sticks out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
Tangradi was at worst OK today. If production is the only thing that will make people happy with him, expect to be disappointed for a while. He looked ok yesterday but a bit lost. He looked better today. He looked good a few times. That's a step in the right direction. He was about half a foot from scoring a goal. He wasn't even the worst top 6 forward we had on the ice today.
O'k, I'll grant. But, where yesterday he looked a little more lost, today he was running into Geno and Neal quite a bit more. As I keep saying, we'll see. I'm not judging it one way or another on the minutia of a game, but I'm also not going to hang my hat on a few good shifts in a game either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenSF View Post
Let's see how Tangradi's doing in 30 games. I don't think the coaching staff thinks he's doing a great job, as shown by how he barely got onto the ice in the 3rd, and I think they have him on a short leash.

I don't want to go into the playoffs with Tangradi still on the 2nd line, simple as that. You see lines like Malkin-Crosby-Neal and other assorted lines like that because the coaching staff isn't confident about rolling with the lines that they penciled in. I'll give it another 10 games, but Tangradi needs to step up his game if he wants to stay at his current level, simple as that.
I'd treat it in 10 game blocks, where he gets a minimum of 20 games. I'd like to see noticeable progress after 10. He should get another 10 beyond that regardless (i.e., presumption should work in his favor). By then, there should be a decent body of work to evaluate, and what he gets beyond that should be a question of merit, not hope.

Last edited by KIRK: 01-20-2013 at 09:57 PM.
KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote