Thread: Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs. Pens | 1/20/13
View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 11:28 PM
smoneil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
I'm beginning to suspect Cally might be the odd man out on the first two lines. He doesn't really compliment a Nash-Richards combo or Step-Gabs.

On those both of those configurations he has to be creative. Cally is usually playing his worst game when that happens(blind backhands...YAY). He needs simple, basic, hardworking guys to be effective.
I disagree. I think Cally perfectly compliments a Nash-Richards line, but only if Cally stops thinking he's something he's not. I've been VERY disappointed to see Cally back to his blind pass to the point ways already. He did this all last season, too. It didn't work then, either. Cally plays well and puts up points when he plays a simple, grinding game. He keeps the puck in and then puts away the loose pucks around the net. Paired with Richards (a premier set-up guy) and Nash (a shooter), Callahan should get plenty of garbage goals just from putting in Nash's rebounds. The problem is that Cally seems to think he's Richards from time to time.

Hagelin seems to be the most likely candidate to move to the third. With his speed, he forces the other team to stay honest on D.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote