Thread: Proposal: Murray for Tarasenko=
View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 12:47 AM
sh724

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Tarasenko was top five? Were you in hibernation for the 2010 draft? Seriously... he was like the Filip Forsberg of last draft, only tons worse. Nobody wanted him, not even Ottawa who needed forwards.

I'm glad you found a *cough* reliable source that you are willing to follow, don't expect the rest of us to listen. If I quoted Eklund would I get a gold star?

And was David Rundblad ahead of Tarasenko or even close for most of this? I can't stress enough the fact of HIGH RISK player. Not to mention winger vs two way d-man. Murray has alot of intangibles that absolutely kill Tarasenko. He is also alot younger. Nobody gave two craps about Tarasenko at 19, he was an expected bust.

I'll agree that Tarasenko is a great prospect. Nobody said Ryan Murray is Chris Pronger, but I'm getting a bit tired of Tarasenko getting overrated over one damn game. It was the Wings, without Lidstrom(shudders at the thought).
No I was not hibernating I watched the entire draft but I am guessing you were sleeping or you were not following hockey at the time. Both NHL CSS and ISS had him ranked 4th.

My source is the website you are currently on....this is what they said about tarasenko

Quote:
Considered the top Russian-born talent in the 2010 draft, Tarasenko slipped into the mid-first round due to concerns about his contract status in the KHL with Sibir Novosibirsk, the team coached by his father. Tarasenko has frequently expressed his wish to play in the NHL and the Blues are confident they added a future first line winger to their organization. Tarasenko's strongest asset is his goal scoring ability with his quick hands and sudden release. His explosive acceleration allows him to create space, where he can score or use his strong playmaking ability. A fiery competitor, he plays with grit and tenacity. He is solidly built at 5'11 202 pounds, and has been playing against men in the KHL since the age of 16, making him one of the more pro ready prospects of the 2010 class.
Go look at the prospect ratings on HF tank is 2nd Murray is 12th. Even Schwartz is rated higher than Murray. If you do not trust HF at all perhaps you should find some where else to post.

The only risk with tarasenko was that he is Russian and now that he is signed and in the NHL that risk is gone so there is no risk with him at all. Rundblad was never close to tarasenko that is why the Blues got rid of him and he has already been traded twice and is a healthy scratch tonight against Chicago. While tarasenko will be playing every game this season unless he gets injured. If Rundblad was still with the Blues he would be in the AHL. Also Rundblad is a year older and was drafted 17th overall the year before tarasenko was drafted. At 19 Tarasenko was captain of team Russia and led them to a gold medal against Canada. If he was a bust he would not have been on the team and especially not captain of it. Go to the forum archives and read what people were saying about tank during that tournament and you will quickly realize you are incorrect. At the end of 2011 hockeys future has Rundblad ranked 15th tank was 3rd

He is not getting overrated the vast majority of analyst have been saying he was the greatest prospect not in the NHL that is not basing him off of one game that is basic it off of him playing professional hockey since he was 16 years old. While people in the US were learning how to drive a car he was in the KHL working his butt of so he can one day come to the US and try to win the Stanley Cup.

Last edited by sh724: 01-21-2013 at 01:00 AM.