View Single Post
Old
01-20-2013, 11:57 PM
redbull
2k17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
I agree, but this club rode into this season with a mediocre to bad defense and Strait did nothing to improve that. You could argue he helps to keep it from getting even worse from injuries, but he brings nothing to the table to make it better.

Now if his presence allows for a trade including one of our other mid level prospects then I'd consider that a benefit of having him here, but there is every indication that Snow, or perhaps Wang, will ignore their team's needs yet again. They have put all their money on getting a good cast off from the great reduced-cap-induced-player-purge expected this summer.

I hope they are right.
Isles have no assets to make a trade within the season, when teams don't trade players that can help them. At the deadline, they may be able to snag a pick, again, for whomever they want to dump. Maybe Martinek again? Not sure anyone else has any value, maybe Visnovsky if he reports? Boyes if he has a good year? Trades are a path to nothing for this team unless they are willing to take on salary and that will be in summer at the earliest.

Strait helps because it keeps Wishart, Landry, Ness, Donovan, out of the lineup. If his upside is Andrew MacDonald then let's count our blessing because he's among our best and most reliable dmen.

Let's not forget or ignore how horrible this defense was looking before Martinek, Finley, Hickey, Strait. And those players are not exactly NHL players.

Snow is selling smoke, snake-oil, hope or prayer....not sure exactly. But maybe, just maybe, one of those Nigerian emails might actually have a fortune at the end of that rainbow....but don't count on it.

Okay.....time to tame the negativity. I will continue to cheer on the boys and maybe voodoo and prayer can make 8th place possible......holding breath....starting......now!

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote