View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 01:17 AM
Honour Over Glory

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinest View Post
I definitely don't see that happening.
When I said Carolina might have gotten the better player I was thinking of Dumoulin and Pouliot. As in - perhaps one of those two ends up being better than Staal.

Sutter is a good, possibly great third-line center who seems to have the skill and size to play wing occasionally on the second line. I like that he's good in his own zone and good on faceoffs. I like that he's right-handed for faceoffs as well. He is clearly very mobile and has pretty good size, but I think it's pretty clear already why that trade had so many other pieces coming our way.
I liked what Sutter brought to the Canes before he was a Penguin, he was one of the few of that Sutter clan that impressed me. But I always thought with the way the Canes develop and their system, he would fall through the cracks and never grow as a player.

Now that he is in the Pens system and behind 2 of the best C's in the game, he has the time to really grow and get better and they will build on his strengths and hopefully the rest follows.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote