View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 12:28 AM
Kloparren
Hth

vCash: 500
Lesser known modern rock/indie bands

Thread for recommendations for modern indie and rock bands that aren't generally known (doesn't mean that they have to be obscure). We all know the popular ones....The National, Arctic Monkeys, Keane, Muse, Sigur Ros, The Hives, Franz Ferdinand, Interpol, Strokes, Blur, Metric, Travis, Radiohead, St. Vincent, etc and all the older ones...Talking Heads, Joy Division, Velvet Underground, Sonic Youth etc etc etc so no need for those.

I'm talking about stuff like Hey Rosetta, Joy Formidable, kent (well they're the most well known band in Sweden but not outside of there I guess), Jezabels, Howling Bells, Idlewild, Telekinesis, Wintersleep, Blood Red Shoes, Frightened Rabbit, etc. People have heard of these but they all fly under the radar.

Btw I haven't listened to half the bands above, just trying to make the point and get some recommendations going for established bands that have released decent music in the past and have a record deal or something so that they'll release music again and not disappear overnight. Yeah I know, subjective criteria.

I'll start off with two, The Phantom Band from Scotland, and Two Hours Traffic from PEI. Neither are anything special but they make nice simple music.

Kloparren is offline   Reply With Quote