View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 01:20 AM
Mr. Hab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
1 of Plekanec/Desharnais can not be here next year. Pretty clear to me. It's not a knock on either one, but you can not be a strong team by being so small down the middle on the top 2 lines. Plekanec has 3 more years @ 5 M per year. It's probably what he would get on the UFA market if he was a UFA.

Desharnais will be a RFA this summer and he's 1 year away from UFA. The time to make the decision is this summer.

Galchenyuk must play center next year. Period. The longer we put off him learning as a NHL center, the more time it will take for this team to someday be a contender.

Really ****ing tired of being a shrimp team down the middle. We've gone from Koivu-Perreault/Gilmour to Koivu-Ribeiro to Koivu-Plekanec to Plekanec-Gomez to what we have now. Enough is enough.
Agreed.
(I like DD's crafty style but he's only 5'6 and needs to be surrounded by our best tall/big Power Forwards, which takes away from spreading the wealth to our other lines...we need to get bigger/taller...Pleks,Eller,Galchenyuk...and maybe draft another big/tall center).

Next season (if up to me):
Pleks
Eller
Galchenyuk

L.Leblanc as top 9 winger (backup top 9 center).

IF our Habs lose a lot we could also pick up another big/skilled/gritty center during the Draft (top 3-5 overall pick).
(emphasis on word IF!), or I'd be very happy with a Seth Jones, as well!

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 01-21-2013 at 02:02 AM.