Thread: Tennis: 2013 Australian Open
View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 04:20 AM
kihei

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQS View Post
Stosur/Zheng was a complete Stosur meltdown in the 3rd. She was up 5-2 on Zheng before giving the lead away and losing ona double fault. I wouldn't call that a good match.

Good women's matches in grand slams? Really? Can you name any from the last 5 years that have come anywhere close to what we have seen from the men's side from this Aussie Open ALONE?? I sure as hell can't.

And even worse 9 out of 10 times you're most likely going to get a STINKER of a GS finals match compared to the men's side which has produced historic and EPIC GS finals in the last few years.

Its just ashame these days that in women's tennis if you don't have the physical strength and height to compete your chances of winning a grandslam title is extremely small because you'd have to play near perfect tennis otherwise to try and make up that huge disadvantage. Or else you hope that your opponent plays well under the level they're capable of and you sneak in a win.
Some quick examples from 2010 alone:

Schiavone over Stosur in the French Finals
Stosur over Serena n the French Quarterfinals
Clijsters over V Williams in the US Semis
Li over V Williams in the Aussie Quarters

You must not like women's tennis is the conclusion that I would draw from your comments.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote