View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 06:36 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
I wouldn't say back to being a **** disturber...at least not yet.

Cooke is an agitator and while I wouldn't say that I'd want him to bring the "dirty" edge back to his game, it would be nice if he played a little more physically again. And over the course of these first 2 games he seems to be doing just that. Part of what makes him such a great third liner, is his physical play. Don't get me wrong, he doesn't have to be recklessly dirty, but at the same time he shouldn't have to play soft as a kitten either. Hopefully he can find a nice balance again. While yes it was nice to see that he had changed last year, I think part of the problem was that he had changed his game a bit too much (partly due to fear I'd imagine)...and was being too soft as a result.

Of course even with that, I'd imagine it's tough for him to gauge the factor of "how much grit to play with is too much." Obviously he has a reputation (and he knows it) so even if he wants to play with a bit more grit again this season, guys are still going to be looking to make him out to be Jack the Ripper on skates and are gonna wanna try and draw every penalty they can on him. Simply because of who he is. Yet if he continues to play with the same dare I say "neutered" lack of physicality as he did last year, he loses his effectiveness.

In a way he can't win.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote