View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 07:49 AM
KevFist
is best pony

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
Not that I overly care(because I don't)but almost every rumor at this level of sports has no media coverage until it happens. I've spent various time on minor league sports forums in my day. They are chop full of rumors. I guess I don't understand what the big deal is? I can't imagine that the teams read this so I don't see lawsuits ever forthcoming. If they had or have, you would have heard about it before 2013.

As for Albaama....

They would mistake it for SEC Football. I mean for whatever its worth i'm not a hockey guy and that regionalization arguement to me doesn't matter. Theres just certain places you look at as an outsider and know it would be over the locals eads and wont work.
yeah...... Whatever.....

In Alabama, we have the southernmost NCAA hockey team at University of Alabama-Huntsville. Huntsville also has the Huntsville Havoc SPHL team and a rather robust junior hockey program that produced NHL player Jared Ross.

Birmingham was home to the WHA Birmingham Bulls in the 70's which played to sold out crowds. Gordie Howe scored his 1,000th goal in our barn here. The ECHL Birmingham Bulls were a successful franchise until the ownership decided to run the team into the ground as a tax writeoff. We also have a large junior program here, as well as three adult rec leagues and a high school league.

Plus, just two weeks ago, the Pelham arena was sold out for three consecutive nights for Alabama v. Auburn CLUB hockey..... Alabama averages around 2500 playing CLUB hockey in Pelham.

A little research goes a long way.