View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 08:16 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
The Avs won't match the KHL offer because under those circumstances, the player wins. His little ploy to put the screws to the organization would have worked and it paves the way for future RFAs to hold out to get what they want as well.

Since he's chosen this path and turned down reasonable (but not exceptional) offers from the team, I think they'll leave him there the entire 48 game season just so he's no closer to UFA status than he was before. Then he'll be traded at the draft or over the summer.

His brother probably earns over $1M over in Russia and while I don't think he'd bring less to the table then say Kobasew as a depth player, he certainly would stay in Russia to earn 5-10x more than he would in the AHL.
I guess I just view it a little differently. Signing in Russia wasn't so much a ploy to me as it was his way of playing with his brother. While I don't agree with the decision, I sympathize with him as I too would want to play with my brother if in his shoes.

Can it really hurt to give him 500k more short term? I suppose it depends on what the negotiation room is like with Sherman.