View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 08:43 AM
NugarifiK

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnewby View Post
Taking the girl to Wild vs. Preds on Tuesday, her first Wild game. So anyways, I'm thinking about taking Metro Transit, apparently if you show them your ticket you ride for free? Plus it saves me money on parking. I've been to quite a few Wild games, but I have never been exploring that area. Is there any decent shopping/restaurants somewhat nearby? Other than Cosetta's and TR's.
No shopping down on W. 7th unless you count Maharajas. If you're looking for a nice dinner right by the Xcel in a non-bar setting, there is the Downtowner and Louis on the 3rd floor of the new Cossettas. I can vouch for the Downtowner but I have not been to Louis.

If you wanna head east towards St. Peter (5-8 min walk from Xcel) it opens up a handful of higher-end dining options (Meritage, Kincaids, St. Paul Grille, etc).

Otherwise to the north of the Xcel there is the famous Mickey's Diner Car (great if you're craving breakfast for dinner) and Fuji Ya is a few more blocks north (one of my favorite sushi spots in TC).

Last edited by NugarifiK: 01-21-2013 at 08:54 AM.
NugarifiK is offline   Reply With Quote