Thread: 2012-13 Avatars
View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 08:57 AM
TBLightningFan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TBLightningFan Send a message via MSN to TBLightningFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
91 - Red-Dot Sight Unlocked
91 - Left Circle Beast Unlocked (put a face-off circle there instead with the number in it.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
I like the throwback avatar idea.

I'd actually think there'd be a certain charm if they also looked like they were designed in 92. Looking all Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Neon n' ****.

That way, it'd still convey the inaugural season motif, but allow for the full spectrum of players.

I'm thinking an awesome backstory would be: When the Lightning first started, all of us were on HFB and had avatars that bore utterly insane predictions for what we thought the team, league, and world's future would be over the next 20 years. 2012-13 arrives and we revisit those avatars to see how our predictions played out. Either correct or not.

Vincent LeCavalier will be drafted by the Tampa Bay Lightning.
2004 is going to be totally rad.
A 2-year old in Markham is going to become the face of our franchise. U Can't Touch This will be his goal song.
Brent Gretzky will be better than his brother.
MC Hammer's popularity has already peaked.
Terry Crisp will still have the most games coached in team history.
Espo will have a statue outside wherever the Bolts are playing then.
TB will have gotten a MLB team and the Thunderdome will have become it's stadium.
Lots of use if "Kick Ice"
Pfft... the Expo hall is gonna be renovated into the best barn in all of sports....

I do like this retro idea better

TBLightningFan is offline   Reply With Quote