View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 10:12 AM
4evaBlue
Corsi != Possession

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeliscious View Post
i think kulemin could find himself as the odd man out. not because of poor play but just because of numbers and him being attractive to other teams.
What makes Kulemin attractive to other teams, is what makes him attractive to us. He's great defensively, has a decent offensive skillset, is able to use his frame very effectively, not afraid of the tough areas, and he comes at a very reasonable cap hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeliscious View Post
hypothetically we could move him and replace him internally by bringing frattin up.

<snip>

obviously kulemin is much better then frattin at the moment but frattin costs a fraction of what kulemin does now and its only a matter of time until kulemin is going to want a decent raise. if the leafs are not in the playoff picture i think they should really consider moving him at the deadline.

i think any deal would need to start with a 1st rounder. anything less and its not worth moving him - especially to pittsburgh
Frattin plays a completely different role. He's more of a speedy sniper, who has quite a bit to learn about using his bulk, and the defensive game at the NHL level. Though not as gifted offensively, a guy like Biggs could be a more suitable replacement for Kulemin a few years down the road. Maybe even Komarov, but once again, not nearly as good offensively.

For the record, I don't think Kulemin is due for a decent raise. While it's too early to tell, I see him hovering around $3M for his next extension.

4evaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote