View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 09:16 AM
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21 View Post
No, but now I'm afraid the situation is much more complicated than "just" 500K extra / season.

It's a shame it has gone this far. Perhaps both O'Reilly's agent and Avalanche management thought the lockout would last longer and didn't work hard enough to close the deal in time. Now the whole negotiation probably is infected and stressful, I fault both parties for this.

Don Meehan has represented many star players during the years, that's for sure, now he is representing Ryan O'Reilly and yes, Meehan is as a tough one. Hmmm, I wonder how much percentage Meehan will get from the contract?

I have said this many times. But what worries me the most is actually the owners and how much they are willing to spend on the team, I have had my doubts several seasons. I believe Dater has written a couple of articles about this too.
I'm positive it is about more than money. As long as Stastny and Duchene are around ROR will be the #3 center. Both are just more offensively talented than ROR. The Avs were going to have a decision to make about their center situation by the end of next season anyway, but ROR is forcing their hand to make it now. Since he is the one forcing it, I expect he will be the one shipped out. Which that really sucks as I would rather have Stastny be the odd one out as he is older and regressed a bit.