View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 09:37 AM
Brooklanders*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by droid56 View Post
I keep reading posts referring to our window to win the Cup being open for 2 or 3 years.

I love the Canucks, and have been following their fortunes from day one, but I doubt that their window is still open.

I love the Sedins, but does anyone seriously believe they are the type of players that can triumph in the playoffs when the refs put their whistles away. The series vs Boston
is strong evidence that this is true.

And then there is Ryan Kesler. He is an injury waiting to happen. And his production has become less for various reasons.

I guess the fact that the L.A. Kings won the Stanley Cup after just making the playoffs show us that the window is still open for our team. But the evidence of the past 2 or 3 years suggests that it is quite unlikely that the Canucks are a serious contender for the Cup.

I hope I'm wrong.
The Canucks are at a big disadvantage and have been for awhile. The team continues to amass wins in the regular season which limits them in the draft. Right now the Canucks prospects are not all that promising and with the Cap changing next season they arent going to be able to sign quality free agents. This is the way things are designed. Im not saying that the Oilers all of a sudden will be great. If a team has low draft picks they have to make the most of it. Detroit has been successful because they have done great at this aspect. To a lesser degree I have to give Vancouver some props as well. However other than the likes of Erhoff, Edler, Burrows the Canucks havent had enough diamonds in recent memory.

Brooklanders* is offline   Reply With Quote