View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 10:02 AM
Mr. Hab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
In like 15 years.. when he retires with over 1,000 career points.

What a god damn myth. When has this ever been proven? (that DD needs Cole and Pacioretty to produce). Oh right, when he was producing with Pouliot, Pyatt, Darche, and White?

Cole was struggling before he was paired with DD and Patches/DD had chemistry from Hamilton.

Desharnais played like 3 games with Cammalleri and Leblanc last year. He helped get Cammy back on track (Cammy went on to publically praise him in the media) and Leblanc looked the most dangerous he ever has in the NHL during that stint. Cammy went right back to struggling after this stint (no idea why they were split up anyway).

There is no way to prove that he NEEDS Pacioretty and Cole to produce. They got put together because the team was struggling, started lighting the ice on fire, so they were left together. In fact, the proof seems to point that DD may be able to produce with just about anyone.

Give him Bourque and Galchenyuk. He'll still produce points. Although it will be because Bourque is so good and Galchenyuk developed that fast.

And PS. the only time Desharnais was in the playoffs, he looked pretty damn solid. And, as posted by someone earlier (I think Andy, could be wrong), Desharnais had 10 points (and like +5) in 11 games versus Philadelphia and Boston last year.

Many here are afraid that DD won't produce without Cole and/or Pacioretty (not a myth!). We did the ''boring one line team'' last year...time for a change. You can always reunite DD with our two biggest skilled forwards later on (time to try other lines and spread the wealth to other lines). Put Bourque with DD and let's see if DD really deserves $4-5mil/year he will ask for. I don't want to be stuck with that contract. I'd rather go get a top 4 UFA dman with that $$.

For me (2014):
Pleks
Galchenyuk
Eller

Maybe Habs management will keep everyone, but I really doubt it!
(Pleks, Galchenyuk, Eller, Leblanc, and...5'5-5'6 DD).

Cole - _____ - Pacioretty
(insert almost any center here and that center will most probably have success with Cole and Pacioretty...unless Cole's mind is on retirement,etc).

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 01-21-2013 at 10:11 AM.