View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 10:09 AM
Tiranis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Yup. Wasn't impressed.
I think he might be a slower skater than Alberts which is quite an accomplishment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
What did you think of Sulzer? It's hard to get a read on him from what he was like here to what he is now. Looks the same to me.
Looks ok, fairly reliable. Doesn't seem to be getting very difficult minutes and not playing too much either (just looked at TOI, 14-ish minutes so comparable to Ballard) but I'm not very far into the game. Honestly, seems to me like Sabres fans are overrating him since they got him for free.

Also, I know you asked about Laughton in the prospects thread... I don't like him in the NHL right now. He doesn't look anywhere near ready to me. Weak on face-offs against a team that's not very good at them and just barely keeping up with the play defensively. Bringing some energy and running around a lot, but not getting much done. He'll probably be a comparable pro to Gaunce one day, although I do think Gaunce has higher offensive upside. (And I know Flyers' fans have a different opinion on this... they seemed pretty happy with his play.)

On the whole, for me, Flyers are up there as one of the most overrated teams right now. I don't see them as a contender. IMO they're overdoing it with the youth movement.

Last edited by Tiranis: 01-21-2013 at 10:23 AM.