01-21-2013, 10:34 AM
Ginu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - __________

________ - Plekanec - __________

________ - Eller - Gallagher

whether hab fans want to admit it or not, the blueprint is there. Its Bergevins job to fill in the holes. We have a future 1st line center, we have an elite power forward/sniper and we have 3 centers who more importantly than anything..compete. Guys like Collberg and Bozon/Hudon could fill some of these voids as well.
I've said it quite a few times on here but I see Desharnais fitting really well with Pacioretty and Galchenyuk- two guys with size who can score. Desharnais complements them really well. My only concern is both Desharnais and Gallagher on the right side.

Collberg also fits really well with Pacioretty and Galchenyuk, but I'd slide him in with Plekanec, if he's still here in two years (he'll be 32).

What I would like to see is a sell-off of all our aging vets except Plekanec this season to prepare for the draft. And putting together some assets to get Corey Perry. Something around, dare I say it, PK and Gallagher. If we can get a top line player via trade before the draft and we have a chance to, I'd go for Seth Jones in the draft. That way we get our top defenseman and forward in one go.

Imagine:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Perry
Hudon - Plekanec - Collberg
Leblanc - Eller - Kristo
Prust - White - Moen

Jones - x
Tinordi - Beaulieu
Emelin - Gorges

The problem is that that lineup misses PK. Something to think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
What tells you that Galchenyuk will play center?
Bergevin has said that Galchenyuk's long-term position will be at center.