View Single Post
Old
01-21-2013, 11:59 AM
Harnessed in Slums

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
I see it same way. Their better be there, play winning hockey at lead that team to playoffs, so they can go get some playoff experience. I wouldn't count out a possibility for AHL Championship. The Griffins are just so great and they could get Ouellet and Sproul there before the season end to even strengthen it.

If we took Tatar and Nyquist out from there, they could get some games of NHL experience, but at the same time Griffins could fall out of the AHL playoffs. Then if there's no NHL or AHL playoffs for Nyquist and Tatar, that's the worst possible thing that can happen.
If there is a true Silver Lining (heh) it's the Griffins finally being a very good AHL team stocked with DRW talent and being coached by a coach who is familiar with Babcock's coaching style. While I do want to begin building up the nucleus of the DRW post Lids, Homer, Mule and Dats, if we are going to be as bad as I suspect we will - small sample size, I know - then I'd rather suck really badly and have a good shot at getting Seth Jones. On the one hand Nyquist and Tatar could make the Wings better which would be good. However if that simply makes them good enough to lock down the 10th seed and miss both the playoffs and a shot at drafting at elite talent then it's probably better to let them continue to dominate in the A.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote