The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly -- Welcome Back Thomas Vanek!
View Single Post
01-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Join Date: Aug 2005
Originally Posted by
Imlach a cup
- Myers physicality when the game was still tight
-RR on the PK was excellent
- Myers puck handling
Kaleta does not move or think at Grigorenko speeds
- I like Kaleta a lot less now that a better version is on the team, I think he might be rapping up his time with Buffalo with Tropp coming up the pipeline
- having an entire room burst out laughing when I said "man I wish Leino was out there tonight."
Couple of things
1) Well no kidding that a 3rd/4th line winger doesn't have the offensive instincts of a potential franchise center. Thats hardly an indictment of Kaleta.
2) Not that it matters but Grigs is not as fast as Kaleta.
3) Tropp had a devastating knee injury that knocked him out for the season. He has a ways to go before he is back to the player we saw at the end of last year let alone bouncing anyone from the lineup.
4) Why would you like Kaleta less because Ott is here and is a better player? That seems like a pretty odd sentiment to me.
We should be happy that we have tough players with talent like Ott that can push Kaleta back to the 4th line. Why should want as many player that can contribute like OTT and Kaleta in the lineup as possible. Not get rid of one because they other is here. Also Kaleta is obviously physical but he is also a very good PKer and a strong ES defensive player. Something that is a valuable skill set in a bottom 6 player and is not part of Tropp's skill set or a lot of other players currently on the roster.
EDIT: And I forgot to mention Kaleta is signed for another 2 years after this one at a great cap hit for what he brings (1.25mil)
Last edited by joshjull: 01-21-2013 at
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by joshjull